Subject: Re: 1.4 keyboard problems
To: Bob Lantz <lantz@Stanford.EDU>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/14/1999 16:05:13
In message <Pine.NEB.3.96.990514150123.5710A-100000@cavalier.stanford.edu>,
Bob Lantz  writes:

>I am definitely noticing keyboard problems with 1.4 (DS5000/260):
>
>o system is fine when it comes up in console mode, but after
>  starting and quitting X the keyboard is all messed up ->
>  keys bounce, extra keystrokes, etc.
>
>o in X, keys repeat too much; for example, it often seems to miss
>  the key-up event, e.g. after hitting <return> ;-(
>
>This did not happen until I upgraded to 1.4 final.

If you go back to the Xcfbpmax Xserver, does this go away?

I dont see this at all on a 5000/150, so i'm wondering if it could be
a timing- dependent glitch in the Xserver reprogramming the keyboard mode.

Also, has anyone else had problems with emacs in X11 segfaulting
during startup on 1.4_BETA or later? 1.4_BETA worked for me till
I rebuilt  an emacs package; since then even reinstalling the 1.3.3
X sets and the 1.3.3 emacs package no longer work. puzzling.