Subject: Re: bad keyboard "bounce" and other X questions.
To: Bob Lantz <lantz@Stanford.EDU>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/14/1999 16:11:50
On Fri, 14 May 1999, Bob Lantz wrote:

> On Fri, 14 May 1999, Michael L. Hitch wrote:
>
> >   My 5000/260 just started doing this.  I had just built a 1.4 install
> > kernel and was going to test installing 1.4 on another disk.  I hooked up
> > another expansion cabinet to the SCSI bus.  I then started seeing extra
> > "keystrokes" - even while in the PROM.
>
> I have an LK401 keyboard, and observe the same problems.....

  My started working OK again after I cycled power.  When I got X running,
I noticed that the keyclick got turned off, but didn't get extra key
strokes.  After exiting X, the extra key strokes came back, and the
keyboard repeat no longer works.

  Time to try to figure out what the commands being sent to the keyboard
are trying to do.

Michael