Subject: Re: Realtime clock in 5000/200?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/13/1999 09:13:43
jp@spektr.eu.org wrote;

>> Hi,
>> I don't have physical access to my 5000/200 so I can't check this myself.
>> The battery in the DECStation has gone dead on me, so I was going to buy a
>> new one. But I'm not entierly sure of the model though.
>>
>> What type of battery does it have? Is it a Dallas 1287?

Should be.

>> If it is, will a Dallas 12887 work as well?

Dallas Semiconductor apeals so.

>> Is it soldered to the motherboard in the /200? (Hope not!)

Depends.  Physical examination is needed.  My MAXINE has a soldered
DS1287 while DEC3000/300 has a socket for it.  In theory even
different production runs may have slot or no socket with a single PB
design.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology