Subject: Re: packages for 1.4?
To: Simon Burge <simonb@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christopher Collins <chris@ecomserv.net.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/12/1999 10:42:05
On Wed, 12 May 1999, Simon Burge wrote:
> Christopher Collins wrote:

> > > This one won't be possible for legal reasons...
> >
> > Why not?  I'm willing to build and host copies of ssh 1.2.26 international
> > here in Aus....  I know that 1.2.26 builds and works fine on 1.3.1 [despite the
> > absence of xauth :(]
>
> I'm Australian :-)  [xauth is in the xbase set if it's installed.]

xauth still seems to be missing on my 1.3.1 bawx.  Mind you, that might be
cause I might have borken x11 slightly on that machine due to the fact it
originally didn't have a working framebuffer. [Which reminds me... I've gotta
get some free time to hack that JA]

> The problem is that ssh can't be built by me in Oz and shipped to the
> States and then exported again in the _official_distribution_.

 I'm aware of that legality.  I thought of maybe handling like we do with most
linux distro's, and keeping non-US packages on another server and then merging
into the internation distros when they ship out.

Chris Collins <chris@ecomserv.net.au>
Systems Director, EcomServ Pty Ltd
This message was brought to you on 100% Recycled Electrons