Subject: Re: packages for 1.4?
To: Christopher Collins <chris@ecomserv.net.au>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/12/1999 10:39:59
Christopher Collins wrote:

> On Wed, 12 May 1999, Simon Burge wrote:
> > "Aaron J. Grier" wrote:
> >
> > > ssh (domestic and international?)
> >
> > This one won't be possible for legal reasons...
>
> Why not?  I'm willing to build and host copies of ssh 1.2.26 international
> here in Aus....  I know that 1.2.26 builds and works fine on 1.3.1 [despite the
> absence of xauth :(]

I'm Australian :-)  [xauth is in the xbase set if it's installed.]

The problem is that ssh can't be built by me in Oz and shipped to the
States and then exported again in the _official_distribution_.

I hadn't thought of putting some of the restricted packages on (for
example) ftp.au.netbsd.org, but that would be easy enough to do...

Simon.