Subject: Re: bad keyboard "bounce" and other X questions.
To: Andrew Doran <ad@fionn.sports.gov.uk>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/11/1999 11:15:53
Andrew Doran wrote:

> Simon Burge wrote:
>
> > I'm taking the plunge and moving my dual-headed 5000/260 Ultrix xterm
> > with two sfb's to NetBSD.  However, with -current there's really bad
> > "keyboard bounce" - it's almost as if auto-report is getting stuck on
>
> Oops.. Not my fault - is this with X and not the console?

The problem sort of exists with both.  With both a 1.4 and a 1.4B kernel
on the console there's a bit of bounce when typing quickly.  I cat'd the
following into a file, and my typing isn't that bad:

	the quqiuckc brownw foxo jumps o voerer the lalzyd dodog

The problem seemed as bad with 1.4 as with 1.4B.  Does the Xserver do
any debouncing anywhere?

Yours in confusion,
Simon.