Subject: Re: bad keyboard "bounce" and other X questions.
To: Andrew Doran <ad@fionn.sports.gov.uk>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/10/1999 22:15:32
Andrew Doran wrote:

> Simon Burge wrote:
>
> > I'm taking the plunge and moving my dual-headed 5000/260 Ultrix xterm
> > with two sfb's to NetBSD.  However, with -current there's really bad
> > "keyboard bounce" - it's almost as if auto-report is getting stuck on
>
> Oops.. Not my fault - is this with X and not the console?

With X only I think - the 1.4 X server and -current kernel.  I'll double
check tomorrow at work.

> > Also, the Xpmax X server doesn't recognise a second graphics card.
> > I've just changed the kernel config to attach more than one card:
> >
> >         sfb0 at tc0 slot 1 offset 0x0: (1280x1024x8) (console)
> >         sfb1 at tc0 slot 0 offset 0x0: (1280x1024x8)
>
> Some stuff needs to be added to pmaxScreenPrivate. Pretty simple, all
> in all. Just look for static variables in pmax_io.c that look suspect
> and move them.

I can see a couple at a quick glance that look like candidates.  It
looks like pmaxScreenInit() needs to use /dev/fb%d not fb0 at least.

The Ultrix ws stuff maintains an array of screens that it uses in it's
ConstrainCursor() function - I'd guess we need to do something similar
too?

Simon.