Subject: bad keyboard "bounce" and other X questions.
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/10/1999 15:03:47
Hi folks,

I'm taking the plunge and moving my dual-headed 5000/260 Ultrix xterm
with two sfb's to NetBSD.  However, with -current there's really bad
"keyboard bounce" - it's almost as if auto-report is getting stuck on
and you have to press another key to turn it off.  1.4 doesn't have
this problem

Also, the Xpmax X server doesn't recognise a second graphics card.
I've just changed the kernel config to attach more than one card:

	sfb0 at tc0 slot 1 offset 0x0: (1280x1024x8) (console)
	sfb1 at tc0 slot 0 offset 0x0: (1280x1024x8)

but the X server doesn't see on the second card.  The Ultrix Xdec
server from current xsrc does see both cards.  I've still got to look
into this...

Next, is the keyboard autorepeat rate settable?  dev/lk201.c just seems
to say it's enabled, but the keyrepeat takes a while (subjectively
about a second and a half) to kick in.

Lastly, is anything happening with accelerated sfb support?  A quick
peek the current X tree shows no real accelerated support for the
sfb/tga on the Alpha or Linux X servers either.  Comparing Xpmax with
Ultrix's Xws, this difference to painful :-( If nothing is happening
then it's time to learn more about X servers and read the WRL report
on the sfb more closely...

Sorry if some of these are common questions - I've just never really
played with the graphics side of things and may have tended to ignore
some of the things that may have otherwise stuck in my memory.

Simon.