Subject: Re: other X questions.
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Lantz <lantz@Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/09/1999 22:35:22
> > sfb/tga on the Alpha or Linux X servers either.  Comparing Xpmax with
> > Ultrix's Xws, this difference to painful :-(

Agreed. That was the biggest bummer switching from ultrix to netbsd ->
terrible x scrolling performance. And the demon-possessed x server, which
is still driving me insane. And that there doesn't seem to be full support
for my lk401 keyboard.

But other stuff is good ;-)

> Please look at dev/tc/sfb.c for SFB ASIC support.  It contains prelimary
> use of SFB copy area operation.  Scrolling was improved vastly in NWSCONS
> indeed.

I have a pmagb-b (?) card I think?? But I'm not sitting at my machine
right now so I'm not sure. Did it make it into 1.4??