Subject: Re: demon-possessed X server
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Lantz <lantz@Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/07/1999 18:45:35
On Fri, 7 May 1999, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> These entries are the right ones for an ioasic-based machine with
> Zilog z8530 (scc) serial chips, like the 5000/260. On a 5000/200, you
> the ttyD?  entries are correct. If ttyD0 and D1 are present, comment
> them out.
>
> Which machine do you have again?

DS5000/260; I have commented out *all* of the tty lines, installed the
(new?) 1.4B X(11R6?) server, and rebooted. So far I am not sure if my
new configuration is demon-possessed or not.

The old configuration definitely was. The X server would start eating up
tons of CPU time, the load would jump up, and random key and mouse events
would be delivered to unsuspecting windows.

Bob