Subject: Re: 1.3.3 binaries don't work with 1.4 beta
To: Simon Burge <simonb@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Reinhold Huber <rhuber@fs.tum.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/27/1999 11:10:43
Hello Simon, hello all,

Thank you very much, Simon Burge, for the instant answer to my question.

> First guess - can you install the compat13 package in
> pkgsrc/emulators/compat13.  Failing that, you can try:
>
> 	ln /usr/libexec/ld.elf_so /usr/libexec/ld.so
The package didn't seem to apply specifically for pmax (mipsel was
mentioned, and the pmax is a mipsel, but pmax wasn't). So I went with the
2nd hint and softlinked ld.elf_so to ld.so in /usr/libexec.

> but there may be some libraries missing in /usr/lib
> that your older programs might look for.
This was the case; up to now, I copied libkvm.so.4.0 and libutil.so.4.2 in
/usr/lib from 1.3.3 boxes and linked them both to the lib*.so.4 shortcuts.
Everything seems to work so far, but as the box is operated with serial
console and via network, I didn't try the X server.

Greetings,
Reinhold Huber