Subject: Re: 1.4_BETA X sets available
To: None <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/26/1999 05:32:52
>Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 22:17:18 -0400 (EDT)
>From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
>
>I'm downloading the 1.4_BETA snapshot now and will try it on my
>5000/133 with TC mfb.  It will take a few more hours to download, so I
>probably won't have any results until tomorrow or the next day.

1.4_BETA seems to work fairly well.  No trouble with the new boot
blocks, and no panics so far.

However, there are some problems with the mfb and the new X server.

dmesg says:

mfb0 at tc0 slot 0 offset 0x0fb: more frame buffers probed than configured!

startx says:

Fatal server error:
no screens found
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

The text console works fine.

I made /usr/X11R6/bin/X a link to the old Xcfbpmax (from the 1.3.3
distribution).  That works fine.

Full dmesg output, and ktrace output from "startx" using the Xpmax
server are at:

http://venom.bernstein.com/mfb/

Cheers,
entropy