Subject: Re: bad system call
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/26/1999 01:25:32
On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Toru Nishimura wrote:

> > options         SYSVMSG         # System V message queues
> > options         SYSVSEM         # System V semaphores
> > options         SYSVSHM         # System V shared memory
> > #options        SHMMAXPGS=1024  # 1024 pages is the default
> >
> > in my config file.  I recompiled 'pixmap' (but didn\t recompile
> > gtk+-1.2.1) and it still dies.  'ktrace pixmap' followed by 'kdump' gave:
> >
> > [big snip...]
> >   272 pixmap   RET   read 32/0x20
> >   272 pixmap   CALL  #231 (unimplemented shmget)
> >   272 pixmap   PSIG  SIGSYS SIG_DFL
> >   272 pixmap   NAMI  "pixmap.core"
> >
> > perhaps I need to recompile gtk first?  i'll start that going.
>
> Probably, no.  sys/kern/init_sysent.c says:
>
> #ifdef SYSVSHM
>         { 3, s(struct sys_shmat_args),
>             sys_shmat },                        /* 228 = shmat */
>         { 3, s(struct sys_shmctl_args),
>             sys_shmctl },                       /* 229 = shmctl */
>         { 1, s(struct sys_shmdt_args),
>             sys_shmdt },                        /* 230 = shmdt */
>         { 3, s(struct sys_shmget_args),
>             sys_shmget },                       /* 231 = shmget */
> #else
>
> So, if you configured these SYSVxxx options correctly, there would be
> little chance to have 'unimplemented shmget', I think.  What does your
> 'opt_sysv.h' in your compiling directory say?

hmm.  I don't have one of those files.  When I added the extra options
lines, I just did

config SY-BORG
cd ../compile
make depend
make

maybe I need to clear out the the compile directory and start again as
someone suggested.  I didn't do a 'make clean' or anything like that
first.  I'll give that a shot.

-Dan