Subject: Re: bad system call
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/26/1999 13:34:06

> options         SYSVMSG         # System V message queues
> options         SYSVSEM         # System V semaphores
> options         SYSVSHM         # System V shared memory
> #options        SHMMAXPGS=1024  # 1024 pages is the default
>
> in my config file.  I recompiled 'pixmap' (but didn\t recompile
> gtk+-1.2.1) and it still dies.  'ktrace pixmap' followed by 'kdump' gave:
>
> [big snip...]
>   272 pixmap   RET   read 32/0x20
>   272 pixmap   CALL  #231 (unimplemented shmget)
>   272 pixmap   PSIG  SIGSYS SIG_DFL
>   272 pixmap   NAMI  "pixmap.core"
>
> perhaps I need to recompile gtk first?  i'll start that going.

Probably, no.  sys/kern/init_sysent.c says:

#ifdef SYSVSHM
        { 3, s(struct sys_shmat_args),
            sys_shmat },                        /* 228 = shmat */
        { 3, s(struct sys_shmctl_args),
            sys_shmctl },                       /* 229 = shmctl */
        { 1, s(struct sys_shmdt_args),
            sys_shmdt },                        /* 230 = shmdt */
        { 3, s(struct sys_shmget_args),
            sys_shmget },                       /* 231 = shmget */
#else

So, if you configured these SYSVxxx options correctly, there would be
little chance to have 'unimplemented shmget', I think.  What does your
'opt_sysv.h' in your compiling directory say?

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology