Subject: Re: MipsArchitecture (was: Re: Problems building X11R6 server.)
To: Andy Doran <ad@psn.ie>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/19/1999 10:54:53
Andy Doran wrote:

> It's just occured to me; if somebody builds World from xsrc on MIPS (but
> not pmax), they'll try to build Xpmax... How do we know, in an Imakefile,
> if it's NetBSD/pmax?

It seems that OpenBSD gets around this by having the toolchain defining
"pmax", which we don't do.  It would seem that we need a way for Imake
to know what ${MACHINE} is.  The only idea that comes to mind is to
always define XpmaxServer if we are on MipsArchitecture, and actually
emit

	.if (${MACHINE} == "pmax"
	.endif

to the resultant Makefile.  Ugly...

Of course, we could always rewrite the Makefiles with BSD-style
Makefiles :-)  (And that's a semi-serious ":-)").

Simon.