Subject: Re: 1.4A problem on 5000/200
To: None <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/16/1999 15:28:24
ad@psn.ie wrote:

>> bswap problems only started happening when I used the bswap() calls. The
>> htonl/ntohl duplication problem existed months ago, and still does.

Loosely coupled with the issue, the byte order conversion, htonl,
htons, ntohl, ntohs are misused by non-network portions of NetBSD
kernel.  I think it would be good programming practice to have
explicit #if BYTEORDER == ...  and bswap*() calls where the byte-order
sensive data are manipulated rather than to run 'network byte order
conversion' to solve byte orderness.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology