Subject: Re: Looking for people to test small netboot kernel
To: Simon Burge <simonb@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Douglas S. Meade <doug@inforum2.umd.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/15/1999 11:11:32
Simon,

I just did some experiments with the machine at work, the 7.0.
I can boot the kernel, and get as it asking for root device,
but then when I tell it le0, it says "cannot mount - error 49",
and then I need to halt.

One thing that bugs me -- with any of the kernels I use with this
machine, always the first time I try to boot it comes back with

429 tftp err 2(Access Violation)

several times.  The second time I try it, it always starts booting.
The only kernel I've been successful with on this machine so far
is the nfsnetbsd.ecoff from the 1.3.3 distribution.

Would you still like me to try it with the 6.71's at home, or
do I take it that you know they will work already?

Douglas