Subject: Re: Can NetBSD/Pmax do color console?
To: Douglas S. Meade <doug@inforum2.umd.edu>
From: Andy Doran <ad@psn.ie>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/11/1999 20:29:40
On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Douglas S. Meade wrote:

> OK, I found ad and downloaded the dot.termcap and some kernels.
> I installed the new bootblocks, and now the console has a nicer, easier
> to read font, and seems a little quicker in response.  I copied

Hehehe... Thanks. Benchmarking says it's up to 12 times faster for some
things.

> When I try to run an ncurses program, however, I get "Error opening
> terminal: pmax."

Hrm.. I think you may need to merge the .termcap into the terminfo
database. I don't know much about terminfo. tconv(1) should do the trick?
Also, you should probably munge it into /usr/share/misc/termcap and use
cap_mkdb(1).

Andy.