Subject: Xserver vm_mmap problem Was: PMAG-CA - kernel? [again]
To: Pedro G. Gonnet <pgonnet@iiic.ethz.ch>
From: Andy Doran <ad@psn.ie>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/08/1999 02:21:30
On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, Pedro G. Gonnet wrote:

> does anybody out there have an .ecoff-kernel that can handle a PMAG-CA
> graphics-adapter? i don't mind if it's alpha, i'll event test the thing... all
> i want is to get this 5000/200 running again.

<sigh>. I've been real busy, but I have to do this. I'll build a generic
kernel tomorrow and post on ftp.netbsd.org.

Two unoffical patchkits and a generic kernel will be available when 1.4 is
released, and will be part of -current. Hopefully, if I sort out the
vm_mmap problems with the X11R6 Xpxpmax server, that'll be ready (albeit
in a slow form) within a couple of days. Anybody know why writes from
userspace to vm_mmap'ed memory on the pmax seem to get cached, and hence
don't show up in kernel space for a while?

Andy.