Subject: Re: installing 1.4_ALPHA via ftp
To: Matthew Hudson <mhudson@home.com>
From: Tracy J. Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/07/1999 01:02:22
}This is a known problem. Uhm. Currently being sent to
}the proper authorities. I personally think they should
}just drop the 'ftp:// and use ftp.netbsd.org. (looks
}like a cut and paste accident to me).

Ok.  I'll just ftp them by hand to the disk I guess... tomorrow, when
ftp.netbsd.org is back up.

}> Seems to be unhappy:

}>      Status: Failed
}>     Command: /usr/bin/ftp -a 'ftp://ftp.netbsd.org//pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.4_ALPHA/
}
}just noticed the second goof up here                ^^ should only be /

In normal use '//' collapses to '/', and this would seem to be true
with NetBSD's ftp, as well.  (This is not true of URLs grabbed with lynx
via http:// with '//' immediately following the hostname.)  Anyway, it
should probably be fixed.

}Cool someone close that also plays with these things. ;)

No fair, you can tell where I am, but @home can be in a much larger
range of areas. :)

Tracy J. Di Marco White
Project Vincent Systems Manager