Subject: New 1.4 ALPHA ramdisk and generic kernels available.
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/06/1999 14:58:35
Folks,

Time has gotten away from me today, so I haven't tested these as much as
I like, but I'm sure there's some people out there who want to help (hi
Matt!).

The new files are:

	./binary/kernel/netbsd.ecoff.gz
	./binary/kernel/netbsd.gz
	./binary/kernel/nfsnetbsd.ecoff.gz
	./installation/diskimage/diskimage.gz
	./installation/ramdisk/netbsd.ecoff.gz
	./installation/ramdisk/netbsd.gz
	./installation/ramdisk/diskimage.gz

under the pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.4_ALPHA/pmax directory on ftp.netbsd.org.

diskimage/diskimage.gz is basically the same installation system
that came with 1.3.3.

ramdisk/diskimage.gz is probably closer to what we will ship in 1.4.
It's a 2MB file that gets dd'ed to the start of a disk which contains a
gzip'ed kernel (but the gzip'ed name is "netbsd" so you don't have to
add the ".gz").  Once you've booted you can then overwrite the boot disk
with any partition layout you want.  THIS IS NOT TESTED ANY FURTHER THAN
JUST BOOTING THE KERNEL AND STARTING SYSINST.

Simon.