Subject: Mouse/keyboard ports hardcoded to 4800baud?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Philip Tait <pjt@phxase.allied.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/05/1999 10:23:47
I'm in the process of upgrading some DECstations from OpenBSD to
NetBSD/pmax 1.3.3.  One major feature of the DECstation 5000/2xx is that
I can configure it as a server, with a serial console, and use the mouse
and keyboard ports as two extra serial ports - at least I could until I
tried this with NetBSD.  It appears that there is a hardcoded assumption
that these ports are used only for the mouse and keyboard.  I found that
the baud rate could not be changed from 4800, and at one point in my
efforts I saw a syslog message indicating a "keyboard error".

I submitted this as "Problem Report #7255", but I would welcome any
clues that would help me fix it myself.

--

Philip J. Tait.....AlliedSignal Engines, Phoenix, Az.....pjt@phxase.allied.com