Subject: Re: logos
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/02/1999 10:53:15
On Fri, Apr 02, 1999 at 10:54:55AM -0700, Terry R. Friedrichsen wrote:

> I'm sure I'm not franchised to vote on this, but I've got to say I really
> *like* the colored-background "NetBSD" you've created.  And the "/pmax"
> in d|i|g|i|t|a|l style is a nice touch.

I think the stripes and especially the bright "sun" in the S are a bit
much, and distract the eyes from the the actual word.  I think a simple
gradient would be more appropriate.  The color scheme is good, though.

I think the trick is in the placing of "NetBSD" and "/pmax" in such a
way that proper aspect ratio of the graphic is preserved for the linking
logos, but still remains readable.  The 80x29 one borders on
unreadability...  (maybe turning down the level of antialiasing on the
small logos would make things better?)

I need to get a copy of gimp.  :)

----
  Aaron J. Grier  | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier@poofy.goof.com
        I do not support US and NATO "police actions" in Yugoslavia.