Subject: Re: PMAG-F PXG-Turbo
To: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zippo.unna.ping.de>
From: Andy Doran <ad@psn.ie>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/01/1999 18:40:25
> > If you'd like to 'advance the cause' and get support for your card sooner,
> > it'd be nice if you could try booting a test kernel for me...
>
> If you can send me a kernel that can be booted off the tape and some
> instructions on how to do that, i can take a short outage on our old 500/200.

Booting off tape sucks - do you have to? If your machine currently runs
NetBSD or ULTRIX, I can give you an a.out or ECOFF kernel to boot single
user. I don't really need to know much at this stage; in fact I don't even
need the kernel to get as far as /sbin/init. If it does anything onscreen
and if the colors are right, then that's OK.

Thanks,
Andy.