Subject: Re: vxt 2000
To: Simon Burge" , "Matthew Hudson <mhudson@home.com>
From: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/27/1999 18:56:41
Hi again,

----------
> From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
> To: Matthew Hudson <mhudson@home.com>
> Cc: port-pmax@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: vxt 2000
> Date: Saturday, March 27, 1999 6:40 PM

> > Actually we've discovered in port-vax that these might be
> > NetBSD netbootable. These could be VaxStation 4000 like
> > systems.
>
> Umm, cool :-)  Maybe I won't throw them out now!  Any interesting
> info before I start trolling the port-vax mailling list archives?

The most important one is :
WAIT.

It is not a supproted configuration, most of the stuff you need is in work,
but for different machines. (the vxt2000 has the cpu of a 4000/vlc, the
ethernet(SGEC) of the 4000/90).

But you never know ;-))

These boxes are easy to find, cheap, and not really slow ...

BTW, probably you can use them without the big screen. (there are two
jumpers on the motherboard. If you put both of them on the other side, the
vxt2000 get the serial (printer port as always) as the console.

Doesn't help so much, but at least you can check if the hardware is ok.

cheers,
emanuel