Subject: Random crashes
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Doran <ad@psn.ie>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/26/1999 20:14:35
Ugh. My 5000/125 keeps crashing at random; I need a little help. Usually
it's in a state where taking a crash dump is impossible (doesn't even get
as far as ddb). I've swapped the system unit with another, keeping only
the disks and the memory, but that didn't fix anything. Everything I've
seen points to bad memory, so I've tested the memory with the PROM, for
example:

	>> t 3/mem 0
	3/mem(0) ***

Do those three *'s mean anything bad? For the record I'm using -current
from the 20th of March. I've only really noticed these crashes since
I've started using a 1GB IBM-DPES disk, although I don't see how that's
related... Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy.