Subject: missing #define in cdefs_elf.h?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/24/1999 10:23:17
This might be a -current thing, but I'd rather make a fool of myself in
a small forum rather than a larger one.  :)

My snapshot is from the 24th, about 0600 UTC.

#define __IDSTRING(name,string) \
        static const char name[] __attribute__((__unused__)) = string

is set in cdefs_aout.h, but not in cdefs_elf.h...  and all files that yacc
spits out use this.  (I'm trying to recover my /200 from a flubbed up
install of the GNU binutils without having to resort to sucking down the
latest snapshot over a 28.8k.  :) )

My quick hack of a fix just adds the above #define into sys/cdefs_elf.h
and thing seem to work fine, aside from some other whacky little GNU
gotchas, which are probably the result of my own muckings about.

I've never had a -current build work for me on the first shot...  how do
you guys do it?  :)

----
  Aaron J. Grier  | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier@poofy.goof.com
    "NT is mute because it is fundamentally broken, period.  That any
                 hardware works on that OS is amazing."
     -- Jacob Hawley, Sr. Manager, Custom Engineering, Creative Labs