Subject: Still trying to boot DS3100
From: Douglas S. Meade <doug@inforum2.umd.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/13/1999 15:48:28
I'm almost (sometimes) getting my DS3100 to boot, although I suspect
I may have some flaky hardware somewhere in there.

Almost every other time it gives the EXCEPTION error I mentioned
last week.  Sometimes it complains about "bad magic", as if it were
reading the wrong kernel.  However, when it dooes start to boot,
it always hangs at "dc0 at mainbus0".  Is there a list available
of the various device names (pm0, dc0, le0=ethernet, sii0), and
what are the possible reasons the kernel might hang here?

Doug