Subject: FYI on PX driver
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Andy Doran <ad@psn.ie>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/09/1999 23:57:36
Yeeeeehaw! rcons was never meant to be so fast, or used with an
accelerated card for that matter. I have it working with a PMAG-CA.
This is *so* fast it's incredible. Unfortunately the input from my lk401
seems to be getting garbled, so basically I'm telnetting in and doing:
'joe >/dev/console' which is OK for testing.

There's still quite a bit of work to do. The first bit is to sort out the
bugs in the 'rcons with wsdisplay_emulops' gunk. Advice on the keyboard
problem would be nice. Re [U]VM not being up, I'm grabbing 128kB+12B of
BSS for the first buffer. Then if it's not used, hand the pages back??.

I'm enjoying myself now ;)

Andy.