Subject: IBM HD / bootting
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Tomi Viikari <Tomi.Viikari@saunalahti.fi>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/07/1999 01:31:48
Hi

I have DECstation 5000/240 (the one that don't do tftp boot) and IBM
SCSI harddrive model WDS-3160 (160MB)

The drive works fine with my linux/i386/RH5.1 machine when i dd'ed the
netbsd miniroot in the disk. Then i connect the disk in decstation. The
prom finds the disk ok.

DEV             PID                      VID             REV
SCSI DEV
RZ1              KZ-P                   IBM             N160         DIR

then bootted miniroot ( boot 1/rz1/netbsd). kernel boots ok but

Begining old style SCSI device autoconfiguration
asc_intr: 1: len 4 ( fifo 2 )
asc_intr: tgt 1 command phase TC zero: padding command
boot device: <unknown>

so whats wrong?

The another problem is that..........
I have a another disk ( quantum fireball se2.15) witch  i did the same
thing and kernel finds it ok.
I configured bootp/tftp/nfs server in my linux machine and bootted
decstation with nfs_boot
Sysinst configures disk and installs sets ok. at the end sysinst say's
"basic sanity check failed"
and system does not boot. help me

Sorry for my English. :)

Tomi