Subject: test kernel coming soon...
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/05/1999 22:07:40
hi all,

Michael Hitch has just fixed a couple of nasty bugs in the mips pmap
code: one which caused me problems with framebuffers on a mips3, and a
second which was causing glitches with refcounting and RSS sizes.

I also have some code which attempts to dynamically re-calibrate the
DELAY() loop on a mips1, by delaling for what should be 1 second,
timing the delay loop, and then scaling the delay constants
accordingingly.

I'm building a test GENERIC kernel with those changes, and I encourage
everyone who can to try FTPing and booting the kernel, and reporting
what it says for the CPU speed and DELAY constants both early during
boot and (on a pmax) just before configuring SCSI bus(es).

The GENERIC kernel is at
    ftp.netbsd.org:/ftp/pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/netbsd-pre-1.4.elf.gz

dont forget to decompress and convert to a.out before tring to boot.

thanks!