Subject: Current kernels, RC5-Client and speed (lack thereof :-()
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Gutschner <Marc.Gutschner@Frankfurt.NetSurf.DE>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/05/1999 23:52:54
Hi,

since there doesn't seem to be a 'native' RC5 client available for
NetBSD/pmax, I have the Ultrix client running on one of my /133. The
client itself runs fine - but the performance is *far* below what I
would expect :-( I have another machine (/240) running Ultrix 4.5 and
the /133 is about *ten times* slower than the /240... The /240 is
humming along at about 35-40 kKey/sec. while the /133 crawls at about 4
kKey/sec...

Is there something in the Ultrix emulation that causes this dramatic
slowdown? Both machines are idle most of the time...

thanks for any enlightment,
Marc