Subject: Re: Beep on Personal DECstation
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/04/1999 22:18:56
On Thu, Mar 04, 1999 at 02:43:02AM -0800, Jonathan Stone wrote:
> I got DEC CRL-derived AF drivers for both the AVO1 and the maxine
> working somtime last year.
[snip]
> if someone wants to take it on they'd be most welcome.

I can't really commit any time at the present since I'm finishing my
thesis, but I'd certainly be interested in getting ahold of the source
to play around with.

> PPS: I understand there is an AVO1-B external box to go with Ralph C's
> board still in the Bay Area. If someone wants to commit to getting it
> working, I'll arrnage shippping for the box and (should the current
> owner agree) the TC card to a suitable volunteer.

I've got the card, and the box, but not the mini DB60 cable, DEC part
number 17-03304-01.  Could somebody with the cable tell me if it's
crossed or straight through?

http://www.reed.edu/~agrier/computers/pmax/93.9.ps.gz has the hardware
docs, and I have full DEC docs (on paper) for it if anybody needs a copy.
(The DECmedia user's guide also has information on the DECvideo card --
it'd be really cool to get that working too. :) )

----
  Aaron J. Grier  | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier@poofy.goof.com
    "NT is mute because it is fundamentally broken, period.  That any
                 hardware works on that OS is amazing."
     -- Jacob Hawley, Sr. Manager, Custom Engineering, Creative Labs