Subject: Re: Beep on Personal DECstation
To: None <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Bernhard H. Buckel <buckel@wmad95.mathematik.uni-wuerzburg.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/04/1999 15:41:35
Yow!

    Jonathan> sigh....

    Jonathan> I got DEC CRL-derived AF drivers for both the AVO1 and
    Jonathan> the maxine working somtime last year.  I just havent had

Wow - just exactly what's missing for complete luck ;-)

    Jonathan> enough spare time to refrob them into a `clean'
    Jonathan> bus_space/MI audio driver API or (in the latter case) to

AF was one pretty sure way to crash my 5000/50 when running under
Ultrix.

    Jonathan> put together a semi-clean ioctl ASIC DMA support.  But
    Jonathan> ``Texas, O Texas'' [the AF test audio] somehow fails to

I always liked it - it sounded like being sung on the bottom of a
dustbin ;-) But YES, sound would be great!

Keep up the good work!

			       Bernhard

P.s.:
I was wrong with stating that a Personal DS can be booted from
floppy. No mention on this topic in the manual and all my tests were
unsuccessful - <SIGH> I'm getting old </SIGH>