Subject: Re: PX/PXG driver - update
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/28/1999 17:37:19
In message <199903010104.KAA21045@axp46.aist-nara.ac.jp>Toru Nishimura writes

>Since WSCONS does bit reversing burden upon initialition anyway having
>'gallant19' would bring no further penalty given WSCONS-enabled
>NetBSD/pmax kernel.

Yes, sure.  That'd be really cool, and its obviously the way to go.

The only question is whether we have the people resources to aim for a
wscons-enabled kernel on all pmaxes for 1.4.  If we don't, then aiming
for rcons support for 1.4 may be worth-while to people with PMAG-C,
PMAG-D, PMAG-E, or PMAG-F hardware.

Besides, reworking rcons to support generic hardware blitting (if
available) hardware might just be useful in its own right, if there's
a hardware accelerator that can do some, but not all, of what wscons
wants...