Subject: login message
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Jorgen Pehrson <jp@spektr.eu.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/26/1999 18:41:35
I'm running NetBSD/pmax 1.3_BETA and it works perfectly. Well, almost.

It's sitting on a *very* busy network segment and I constantly gets "le0:
carrier lost" messages on the console. netstat -i shows a lot of output
errors. I'm using the onboard coax board. Since everything around here is
TP I've connected it to a Digital Single Port Repeater that converts it to
TP via an transceiver. Is the DECStation5k/200 to slow to cope with the
traffic or do I have some sort of hardware error? What do you think?

Another question. I want to change the login prompt for telnet logins.
I've checked the man page for gettytab but it doesn't looks like telnetd
cares about that. "im=..." works but "lm=.." does not. Is it a bug or is
it as it should be?

--
Jorgen Pehrson     (HP 9000/380, VAX2000, DECstation 5000/200 (NetBSD 1.3))
jp@spektr.eu.org   (PDP11/73, PDP11/83, PDP11/83 (2.11BSD)), Intergraph 200