Subject: Re: PMAG-CA data structures
To: Andy Doran <ad@psn.ie>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/15/1999 10:46:43
Andy Doran wrote:

> Forgive my ignorance, but is it possible to compile a -current kernel
> on 1.3.2/pmax, and end up with a bootable, ECOFF image? Do I need to
> build a cross-compiler and ECOFF versions of binutils?

Just for kicks, I compiled a -current kernel of my 1.3.3 machine and it
passed the "boot, ls, df, du, halt" test without anything going wrong.
I did need to build a -current /usr/sbin/config first - the 1.3.3 config
program didn't like current config files.

There were some majorish toolchain updates for NetBSD 1.3.3 (especially
for the pmax), but they were mostly bringing the tools we had been using
into the source distribution instead of building them as a separate
item.  If you have any troubles at all, I'd first suggest upgrading to
1.3.3.  Perhaps even just extracting the comp.tgz set from the 1.3.3
release directory would be enough...

Simon.