Subject: Re: emacs on mips chip
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/30/1999 00:31:32
Hello!

> My guess is, some package-maintainer didnt know what they were doing
> and ripped out the non-unexec'ed support when they upgraded Emacs.

Jonathan, can you please back that up with facts or appologize? Since
when do package-maintainers "ripp out" things from packages?!
I can't see any patches that do more harm to the elf/mips part in either
emacs or xemacs. In fact I really tried to get it running, but failed.
But I (and I don't think others) did not ripp anything out to make it not
work.

But of course I welcome any input from ppl which are more fimilar with
pmax/ELF. Even better - provide patches that can be added to pkgsrc.

>From looking whats in the emacs source (like it is distributed by the
GNU ppl) it can not work on NetBSD/pmax. The config files have too
much ultrix blurps.

Greets
      Thorsten (who is really interested to get as much of pkgsrc work
                on pmax)