Subject: re: problems with xdm
To: Nik Ingle <ingle@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/28/1999 20:46:29
Pmax people:

>I am having a hard time figuring out how to get xdm working.  I can start
>an X session using xinit (after I start the X font server, xfs, and have
>the port 7100 set to xfs in /etc/services) where my

There is a job-control-related bug (a race condition) in xfs.
If you start xfs from rc, the simplest thing is to do a set +m or set -m
(i forget which) around the xfs line.  Otherwise, kill the process
and restart it.

Also, there's a typo in the README.pmax example xdm setup. See
  http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=6818

for an example Xservers line shat should just work.