Subject: Re: DECsystem 5000/200
To: <>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/28/1999 13:05:55
On Wed, 27 Jan 1999 13:11:51 +1000  Gregory McGarry wrote:

> [[ Jeff's installation woes deleted ]]
>
> I might just chime in here and say that the last time I did an
> installation, the NFS filesystem had to be R/W otherwise it couldn't
> create disktab in /tmp and wouldn't label the disk.
>
> My experience was with 1.3beta, so it may be different now.

Hm, this may be worth trying.  Looking at sysinst, immediately after
getting the disk label name, it tries to do the following:

	cp /etc/disktab.preinstall /etc/disktab
	cat >> /etc/disktab
	 [[ new disktab entry info here ]]

Jeff, can you try exiting sysinst and enter the following two commands:

	cp /etc/disktab.preinstall /etc/disktab
	echo "# comment" >> /etc/disktab

and see what happens?

Simon.