Subject: Re: second NIC on DECstation 120
To: Yoseff Francus <francus@yossi.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/10/1999 13:32:19
On Sat, 09 Jan 1999 21:15:08 -0500  Yoseff Francus wrote:

> I have a DECstation 5000/120 with one NIC. I would like to add a second
> one to it. Two questions:
>
> 1. Can it handle two NICs ? I assume yes
> 2. How can I tell if I can add one into my machine?

You'll need one or more PMAD-A TurboChannel ethernet cards.  There'll
be three turbochannel slots with cover plates on the back of the box,
labelled "0", "1" and "2".  One of these will be used if you have a
graphics card of some sort.  You can plug as many of these in until the
box fills up.  They will appear to NetBSD as le1, le2, ... with le1
being in the lowest numbered TC slot and so on.

Feel free to ask any more questions!

Simon.