Subject: Clock problem
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Magni Onsoien <magnio@pvv.ntnu.no>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/07/1999 00:46:52
My DECStation 5000/25 is running NetBSD 1.3.2.

This morning it suddenly crashed. When it was on its way up, there was
some '?RTC' above the boot prompt, but no errors when typing boot. It came
up, but during boot it suddenly told me that its clock had lost 736 days
(WARNING: Clock has lost 736 days) - the usual message used to be that it
has gained some days. After the usual boot-things like fsck, network setup
etc it is supposed to run a ntpdate against the usual ntp-server, and so
it does. It then displays that it has adjusted the time by 63574248.856601
sec. Then it just stands there for ~15 minutes, with the ntp-message as
the last message. Then the boot continues in the normal way.

When booting in single user 'date' says Jan 1 1997...

A friend of mine (the Cc of this mail is for her) with exactly the same
computer is experiencing the same problem.

Anyone got any ideas?

Regards,
Magni Onsoien
--