Subject: Re: SysV Shared Memory
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/01/1999 15:26:30
Todd Vierling wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Dec 1998, Boris Gjenero wrote:
>
> : Is SysV shared memory supported in NetBSD/pmax?
>
> It's (supposed to be!) supported on all NetBSD ports.

Apparently it does work.  I put the lines the lines:
options         SYSVMSG
options         SYSVSEM
options         SYSVSHM
into my config file and the recompiled the 1.3.3 kernel.  Mesa-3.0 and
Unixdoom work perfectly now, and they use MIT-SHM.  ipcs also shows that
SysV IPC is enabled and that those programs are using shared memory.

BTW.  gcc optimization breaks r_data.c in Unixdoom.

> Hm.  Maybe it was a problem when NetBSD/mips was on Mach VM, but not now
> that -current is on UVM?  I'd guess that it should work in NetBSD-current,
> at least.

Well, apparently they work in 1.3.3.  I see that some changes have been
made in -current (I can't find *any* SysV IPC related stuff in
arch/pmax... it's all probably been moved into arch independant place or
something)  Anyways, I expect IPC to work in -current as well.

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |