Subject: Re: SysV Shared Memory
To: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/31/1998 15:26:48
On Thu, 31 Dec 1998, Boris Gjenero wrote:

: Is SysV shared memory supported in NetBSD/pmax?

It's (supposed to be!) supported on all NetBSD ports.

:  It isn't in the GENERIC kernel, and there is no mention of it in the
: GENERIC config file (not even commented out)

It should be there.

I just bought a Personal DECstation 5000/25, and looked at the pmax conf
files for the first time today.  IMHO, they need a major overhaul and a lot
less `include's.

: BTW.  I've seen on DejaNews that apparently the X server MIT-SHM
: extension doesn't work properly in NetBSD/pmax... so I guess that even
: if SysV IPC can work I still won't be able to take advantage of it for
: Doom or MesaGL... oh well.

Hm.  Maybe it was a problem when NetBSD/mips was on Mach VM, but not now
that -current is on UVM?  I'd guess that it should work in NetBSD-current,
at least.