Subject: Re: How DECstation boots with NetBSD Kernel
To: Emanuel Stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
From: Douglas S. Meade <meade@inforum.umd.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/28/1998 21:56:14
Dear Emanuel,

It was with great interest that I read your thread on port-pmax
from about middle July.  I am trying to boot a DECStation 5000/25
with a RedHat Linux server, and I'm about to the point where you
were on late July 13 (your log messages were showing repeating
loops of finding the client and naming the correct bootfile,
but the client was showing a timeout.  After that last message,
you mysteriously announce that the problem is solved, but don't
tell what was the magic word.

Do you remember what it finally took to make it work?  I'm pretty
sure I've got bootpd and tftpd set up correctly (or at least very
close!)  Do I also need to be running rarpd?

Any help would be much appreciated.  I'd be happy to post bootptab
file or section of inetd.conf, if necessary.

Doug Meade
doug@inforum2.umd.edu