Subject: Re: packages on 1.3.2
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/12/1998 11:35:29
On Sat, 12 Dec 1998, Simon Burge wrote:

> Just an idea - have you tried using the -current ssh package instead of
> the one on the CD?  I'm not sure whether your comment about using the CD
> is for the sake of 1.3.2, or you want _everything_ to come of the CD :)

I did try grabbing the latest pkgsrc and using it. So that means we've
installed the latest pkg_tools, and are using the latest ssh. We still get
the problem- rsaref not found.

> > The problem we have is that the ssh package isn't finding the
> > librsaref.so.2.0 library, which is in fact sitting in /usr/pkg/lib. I've
> > applied the 1.3.2 libc patch, and thought I'd seen the solution to this
> > problem go by. Can someone briefly remind me?
>
> I can't recall anything, but if it was a rsaref problem, I'm in the
> wrong country to help :-)

I think the problem's more that the compilation of ssh is not seeing the
librsaref in /usr/pkg/lib. I remember lots of comments about 1.3.2 having
build problems on elf, and was wondering what the resolution was. We might
just grab the prelim 1.3.3 base.tgz and use it. :-)

Take care,

Bill