Subject: re: 2nd pre-release snapshot of NetBSD-1.3.3 available
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/04/1998 17:17:32
This is a good time for a really big `thank you' to Simon:L for doing
the builds, for testing, and generally helping out tremendously with
the 1.3.3 release cycle -- both pmax and several sysinst changes.

>not that i'm going to test it for you :)  but to let others know:
>
>i've been upgrading my 1.3.3 pmaxes via sources for the past few
>weeks and everything is working *just fine*[*] for me, including
>the xfree86 3.3.3 stuff.
>
>[*] actually, `better than fine', if "fine == netbsd 1.3.2/pmax" :)

Yup. Thanks too to Michael for the SCSI fixes, support for more SCSI
units, and coming up with the fixes to ld.elf_so; to both Michael and
Tohru for helping out with the PMAGB-BB support, and also to Chris
Demetriou for fixing the PR on the mips-elf problems in crunch.

Michael also helped enormously in identifying the problems with
.ctor/.dtor linker support for C++ file-level constructors and
destructors.  The console I/O fixes are largely my fault, as is the
miniroot-build script.  Simon didn't mention it, but using a crunched
diskimage makes new installs *much* faster.

The pmax -current now also has a RAMdisk-based network install. The
resulting kernel is just over 3 megs; netbooting it should work on all
PROM versions which can handle the `normal' GENERIC kernel.  (We
havent actually verified that on all PROM revisions reported to be OK,
so it's not shipping as part of 1.3.3; but it will be in 1.4 and the
next snapshot.)