Subject: diskless booting
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: James O'Kane <jo2y@positroncomp.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/26/1998 20:13:39
I recently received a DS 3100, and I thought I could install netbsd this
time without problem, since I figured it out with help when I got my 2100
months ago.
But...I've run into trouble NFS mounting the root drive. It seems that
DHCP doesn't send the path to the nfs share like I think it should. The
documents say to set bf=/path/to/root, but I can't find what I should use
in DHCP to do the same thing.

I'm getting this error when I boot:
nfs_boot: getfh - no pathname

Is anyone familiar with the settings for DHCP?
Internet Software Consortium DHCPD $Name: V2-BETA-1 $
Copyright 1995, 1996 The Internet Software Consortium.
All rights reserved.

thanks
-james
ps. could the list maintainer change my address on the mailing list from
jo2y@cs.cmu.edu to jo2y@positroncomp.com? I can't send mail from the first
one to change it myself.