Subject: Re: Pre-release snapshot of NetBSD-1.3.3 available
To: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/22/1998 17:10:20
On Sat, 21 Nov 1998 21:41:06 -0800 (PST)  "Aaron J. Grier" wrote:

> I can run the 10-25 snapshot on my 3100 without problems.  (Now if I could
> only figure out why it likes to reboot when I don't have anything hooked
> up to the serial console...)

Unless something really catastrophic happens, the msgbuf will be
preserved across reboots.  what does dmesg say after the reboot?

Is carrier always being asserted? When you disconnect the console, do
you leave the null-modem part of a null-modem setup connected to the
3100?  I'm wondering if the problem might be that the ocnsole tty is
not being automagically marked as `CLOCAL'.

If you try adding `local' to /etc/ttys, does that fix  the problem?