Subject: Re: NetBSD and multicasting / NTP
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/22/1998 15:18:08
On Sun, 22 Nov 1998, Aaron J. Grier wrote:

> The problem is that peers discovered via multicast always dissapear
> between multicast broadcasts, since the reachability change goes to zero
> before the next multicast packet is received.
>
> I guess it boils down to the question: why does xntpd think that 224.0.1.1
> is unreachable?  The reachability change should be going up, not down...

I have to correct myself here...  the reachability change is going up, but
the peer is dissapearing when "time until next send" goes to zero.  It's
like it doesn't track the sender.  Any ideas / sample ntp.conf files for
client and server?

----
  Aaron J. Grier  | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier@poofy.goof.com
      "If DOS had been better in the first place, I might not have
         started this." -- Linus Torvalds, regarding Linux